Summer has arrived, and somehow everyone’s already bored or sucked inside of a television. Panic has set in and you’re wondering how to keep little minds learning, growing and occupying themselves with constructive creativity.
Well, you’re in luck – Here’s our Summer STEM Bucket List – a simple list of TEN activities and hands-on projects (some requiring supervision, and some not) to keep your future engineers engaged for these next school-free months.
- Use math and measurement to build a Pool Noodle Periscope
- Combine science and history with a Propeller Paper Airplane
- Build a simple Sundial with seashells!
- Make a Glow-in-the-Dark Flower using different methods.
- Create a light-up Play-Doh creature!
- Learn practical physics by building a catapult.
- Engineer your own protective device for an egg dropped at different heights.
- Build a circuit board & learn engineering with MakeCrate – of course!
- Learn about inertia and thrust with a propeller car
- Bring a little winter to summertime with Salt Crystal Snowflakes
We think these projects are a great supplement to summer vacation, but they’re no substitution for our MakeCrate boxes. Consider getting a subscription for the summer and watch your kids fall in love with engineering and coding!